Mequon-Thiensville Historical Society
A Tax Exempt 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Organization Since 1988
216 Green Bay Road, Ste 102 Thiensville, WI 53092
Tele: 262-242-3107 Email: email@example.com
The Mequon-Thiensville Historical Society thrives on the generosity of donors and local organizations. Below is a list of recent acquisitions to the Don Silldorff Archives:
NOTE: Scroll down to see archived MTHS Newsletters.
• Images of Jahn’s School, class of 1918 and 1949.
• Poster of Nieman Silver Fox.
• Newspaper page from the Thiensville Reporter, 1936.
• 4 photos including Clara and Ruth Droege, Frieda Droege Kurz and John Kurz.
• 1959 well pump inspection and water tests on house owned by Kathy Hoffman.
Marion Thurk of Fairhope, AL
• WWII uniform belonging to her husband.
• Various books regarding WWII, Carl Wilbert’s school books, and more!
• Bogenschneider family history and geneology, Vol 1.
Ozaukee County Historical Society (Gregory Wenzel,
• Milwaukee River picture, circa 1983, by Joe Janke.
Barbara Boesch Johnson
• St. Cecilia Parish documents, articles and 1961-62 class picture
• Picture of Thiensville State Bank and Thiensville High School basketball team.
• Picture of Thiensville (Grand Ave.) Grade School circa approximately 1926 or 27.
• Image of Johan Boesch farm house, circa 1890s.
• Images from Boesch picture album.
• Image of Gilbert Shoe Company.
• Edgar Boesch family records and images.
The Mequon Thiensville Historical Society is part of a large network of groups who collect, store, and share historical information, research, and archival material. Other resources include:
Frank L. Weyenberg Library www.flwlib.org/
Ozaukee County Historical Society www.co.ozaukee.wi.us/ochs/
Wisconsin Historical Society www.wisconsinhistory.org/
Milwaukee County Historical Society www.milwaukeehistory.net/
Wisconsin Genealogy Website www.wigenweb.org/
Wisconsin Vital Records www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/ogrs/
U.S. Genealogical Website www.usgenweb.org/
Jonathan Clark House Museum www.jonathanclarkhouse.com
To view digital copies of several historic Thiensville and Mequon books and documents, please go to http://digital.library.wisc.edu/1711.dl/WI.EasternShores. These are available thanks to the cooperation of the Weyenbery Library and the MT Historical Society.
To read a fascinating history of Mequon's City Hall written by our MTHS Historian, Don Silldorff, go to http://www.ci.mequon.wi.us/vertical/Sites/%7BEC6048ED-C06B-457B-A49D-CC38EE9D051C%7D/uploads/City_Hall_Anniversary.pdf
• Records regarding school district #3, 1950s to 1970s.
• Posters of Thiensville in pictures.
Suzy Geidel Egelhoff:
• 1939 postcard of the Old Mill, Thiensville, WI.
• Arrowheads and newspaper article on Thiensville’s Indian dig.
• Painting of ducks crossing a street by Carl
Buettner and duck crossing tee-shirt.
• Letters, 1958 image of Blume children, article on oldest Lutheran Church in area, and more.
Robert and Amy Gierach (from Palmer and Edna Mueller Gierach Collection)
• Plat map of Washington/Ozaukee 1873 - 1874.
• Map of Wisconsin, 1873.
• Hand-made victorian style doll house, fully
Jonathan Clark House
• Painting of O’Leary Farm buildings on N. Green Bay Road.
• Plautz family images and newspaper article.